Alay Bayan-Luson, Inc. (ABI)
- Home •
- Alay Bayan-Luson, Inc. (ABI)
ABI works for the realization and strengthening of a regional network of people’s organizations and institutions committed to community-based and development-oriented responses in addressing the vulnerabilities stemming from poverty, powerlessness, environmental degradation and political abuse.
- A free nation, charting its own future, exercising c sovereignty over its territory, controlling and developing its resources for its own needs, existing as co-equal to others in the community of nations;
- A just and democratic society where every member has equitable access to the nation’s wealth, contributes to the production of society’s needs and benefits from the fruit of individual and collective labour; where every individual is given the opportunity to contribute to nation-building by taking active part in articulating the collective interest and in pursuing the collective will;
- A prosperous people striving to develop the potential of man for a full and creative life, free from hunger and disease, from poverty and deprivation, and liberated from the agony and wretchedness that accompany disasters;
- A country whose natural resources are nurtured to sustain life for its people.
To assist in developing the capability of the most vulnerable sectors in society at pursuing community-based and development-oriented responses to disasters and issues;
ALAY-BAYAN, Inc. (ABI) works for the realization and strengthening of a regional network of people’s organizations and institutions committed to community-based and development-oriented responses in addressing the vulnerabilities stemming from poverty, powerlessness, environmental degradation and political abuse.
PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
Disaster Preparedness & Mitigation Program
Aims to assist vulnerable communities develop their capabilities in disaster response management.
Emergency Response Program
Aims to provide immediate assistance to calamity victims that includes provision of food and other essential relief items.
Aims to assist communities in their efforts to rebuild people’s livelihood after disasters through community-based projects geared towards strengthening self help capacity.
Advocacy Networking & Volunteer Mobilization Program
ABI promotes public awareness on disaster-related issues, press for appropriate government policy and urge prompt action.
ABI establishes relationships with local and international donors and partners for services to the most vulnerable sectors of Central Luzon and mobilizes volunteers among the less vulnerable sectors.
JOIN THE FRIENDS OF ABI
As a FRIEND, you can participate in any of the following activities:
- Formation of disaster volunteer teams: education and training; organizing and mobilizing of volunteers.
- Emergency response work: relief delivery operations, medical missions, management of emergency operation center, disaster monitoring, damage, needs and capacitities assessment.
- Resource generation and networking: fund drives, logistical support.
- Advocacy work: forum and photo exhibits, campaign activities on disaster related issues, fact-finding missions.
- Less vulnerable sectors – Vulnerable sectors partnership program: support for immediate and/or small-scale rehabilitation projects, community support services, exposure and immersion program.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
#54 Rue de Paree Street, L&S Subdivision, San Fernando City, Pampanga, PHILIPPINES
Call us: (045) 436.8991