Panday Bulig, Inc.
- Home •
- Panday Bulig, Inc.
Panday Bulig (PB) is a non-stock, non-profit, non-government organization that promotes community-based disaster management in Northern Mindanao. PB operates particularly in the province of Bukidnon, Misamis Oriental, parts of Agusan del Norte and Agusan del Sur through people’s organizations. When Taking Roots Again Project of Aid to the Uprooted People’s Program of the European Union launched, Bread for Emergency, Assistance and Development (BREAD) and Citizens Disaster Response Center (CDRC) came to an idea of establishing a separate NGO services the said areas to particularize the implementation in January 2005. PB is a member of Citizens Disaster Response Network (CDRN).
It is a network of different disaster response centers nationwide. PB focuses its assistance to the most affected, least served and most vulnerable sectors of the populace through preparedness and mitigation, emergency relief and rehabilitation programs. PB has responded minor disaster happened in Agusan del Norte and Bukidnon in 2005 and 2006 and in Iligan last 2007 and 2008 through Relief and Medical Missions with Psychosocial activities especially to children. PB co-implemented a Disaster Mitigation Project of Canada Fund for Local Initiatives with Mindanao Farmers Resource Center (MFRC) in Misamis Oriental last 2007-2008.
Panday Bulig envisions a prosperous society built upon the labor of peoples who share and access equitably the country’s material and human resources. Where people freely exercise their equal rights and meaningfully participate in charting the course of the nation. Where people responsibly sustain the environments’ health and resources while possessing the capacity to build disaster resilient communities through community-based disaster management approach.
As a relief and rehabilitation center, Panday Bulig assist the vulnerable sectors to comprehensively respond to disaster situation and addresses the root causes of their vulnerabilities. Panday Bulig offers itself to the neediest, deprived and poorest sectors here in Northern Mindanao Region, whose socio-economic conditions make them highly vulnerable to hazards and disasters, giving special attention to children, women, elderly and the differently abled. Panday Bulig seeks to fulfill this mission through:
1. Promotion of the people’s participationwithin the marginalized and vulnerable sectors in disaster preparedness, mitigation and management, through the formation of community-based disaster preparedness committees.
2. Raise environmental and social awareness and capacity building through education.
3. Responds to Natural and Man-made disasters by facilitating relief, emergency response and rehabilitation, including mitigation for environmental factors.
4. Establish partnerships with local and international donors and develop networks for vulnerable and less vulnerable sectors.
PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
Emergency response activities are carried out to arrest further deterioration of life, property and remove affected families from life threatening situation. Emergency response activities consist of:
- Conducting Damage, Needs and Capacities Assessments (DNCA)
- Evacuation, search and rescue
- Relief Delivery Operation
- Resource Generation
Rehabilitation is designed to rebuild people’s livelihood and strengthen their coping strategies after disasters. It consists of projects like:
- Food production and livelihood projects
- Improving agricultural and sea-resources productivity.
- Water system installation
- House repair Reforestation
Disaster Preparedness and Mitigation
Disaster Preparedness and Mitigation measures are implemented to enhance the capacity of vulnerable communities to withstand the damaging effects of disasters. Disaster Preparedness and Mitigation is done through:
- Ladderized Education and Training Program
- Special Community Based projects like Food Security and Nutrition Improvement Program (FSNIP)
- Formation of Disaster Preparedness Committees
Partnership development means establishing and building relationships with local and international donors and partners.
- Mobilization of volunteers supporting disaster affected population and at-risk communities.
- Generation of financial and materials resources for the different aspects of community-based disaster management.
- Formation of the quick reaction and disaster volunteer teams
Research, Advocacy and Public Information
Aims to build public awareness on disaster-related issues, press for appropriate government policy and urge prompt action. It involves in:
- Social mobilization and networking
- Research, documentation, disaster monitoring and data banking
- Awareness raining projects
Panday Bulig Disaster Relief and Rehabilitation Center Tabang Mindanao Center
Door 2 Tan Apartment, 21-25th Nazareth, Cagayan de Oro City
Tel. No. (08822) 856-6413
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org